Quatro Design acknowledges the Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples of this nation. We acknowledge the Bundjalang Nation as the traditional custodians of the lands on which we gather and conduct our business.
We pay our respects to Elders past, present and emerging.
Since its establishment in 2004 Quatro Design has grown into the leading Australian manufacturer of Glassfibre Reinforced Concrete (GRC) products aimed specifically at the Architecture, Interiors and Landscape related industries.
Our modern factory is based in Murwillumbah, NSW, where we manufacture bowls, pots, planters, planter boxes and street furniture seating solutions for Australia-wide distribution.
Quatro Design’s reputation has been built on our commitment to quality and attention to detail, coupled with our customer support from initial enquiry through to delivery.
OUR DESIGN PHILOSOPHY
Our design philosophy has always been guided by the celebration of basic shapes and forms ensuring that every product range will compliment rather than compete with the surrounding landscape. This philosophy has allowed us to create truly timeless landscape product ranges.
We work with leading architecture, landscape architecture and interior design firms to provide solutions for their projects. Additionally we work collaboratively with some of Australia’s best design talent in our industry to design some of our own product ranges.
PROUDLY AUSTRALIAN MADE
Australia’s leading GRC manufacturer
Quatro Design is synonymous with quality. To achieve consistent high quality and durability, our products are manufactured using modern and specialised GRC equipment. The manufacture of GRC products require a high degree of hands-on specialised labour coupled with close attention to detail.
Many of our employees are long standing and valued members of our team who understand GRC production and what is required to deliver consistent quality. These highly valued personal skills coupled with modern specialised GRC equipment is an important part of our manufacturing philosophy.
Each piece is checked during the manufacturing process to ensure compliance with our strict standards and to ensure that our products deliver on customer expectations.
We believe in the value of hand finishing all our products, with attention to detail that that has been acquired over years of manufacturing and in supporting the development of our team.
GLASSFIBRE REINFORCED CONCRETE
Glassfibre Reinforced Concrete (GRC) is a mixture of cement, sand and other additives as well as alkali resistant glass fibres that are blended together during manufacturing to create strong yet lightweight products (compared to cast-concrete). Glass fibre strands are used to reinforce the concrete, this negates the need for steel reinforcing. Because steel reinforcing is not required, this allows the thickness of the GRC to be reduced without compromising on strength. Less concrete means less weight and less cement. This means less embodied energy- which is also good news for the environment.
GRC VS FIBREGLASS
Glassfibre reinforced concrete (GRC) differs from fiberglass (FRP) in that cement mortar is used instead of a plastic resin to encapsulate the glass fibre strands. Plastic is more lightweight than concrete, but less durable.
Do not risk installing inferior products that don’t meet Australia’s stringent combustibility standards. In recent years, the construction industry has undergone significant reform to eliminate the use of combustible materials in construction projects. The aim is to mitigate the risk of building fires, causing injury or loss of life.
All of Quatro Design’s GRC products are certified non-combustible in accordance with CSIRO Combustibility Test AS 1530.1-1994. It is important to note that many imported construction products and materials available in Australia do not comply with these stringent testing and certification standards.
Where Manufacturing Meets Environment
OUR COMMITMENT TO SUSTAINABILITY
One of our strategic goals has always been to reduce any adverse impacts on the environment and over the years we’ve introduced a number of initiatives to reach this goal:
- GRC has a lower environmental impact than cast concrete (approx. 40% less) due to its reduced cement usage and transport costs.
- We designed and built our own water-recycling system which recycles all factory wash down water. The recycled water is stored in tanks for re-use in the daily factory wash-down.
- We have installed 144 x 250 watt solar panels on our factory roof. This equates to an approximate 60% reduction in power accessed from the grid.
- All 400-watt metal halide high bay lights in our factory has been replaced with energy efficient 150-watt LED high bay lights.
- All fluorescent lights in our office has been replaced with LED lights.
- Translucent sheeting was installed along our east-facing factory wall and older roof sky lights have been replaced with new polymer sheeting to increase natural lighting inside our factory.
- We use timber that carries FSC100% certification.
- We recycle all cardboard and paper packaging.
- We have also participated in a waste audit by Bin Trim Assessor as part of the New South Wales Environment Protection Agency (EPA) program.